Tuesday, June 5, 2007

RICHARD DEAN AWESOMESON

Okay, can somebody explain why I’ve had the theme from MacGyver running through my head all morning?

Weird? I think so.

---

This morning's tally puts Danger Ace in 8th place (need to be in at least 6th), which means that yesterday was an enormous one for Danger Ace over at Small Press Idol. If I knew more about American Idol I’d probably try to make a comparison, but fortunately/unfortunately (circle one) I don’t.

Voting continues all the way to June 10th, which is Sunday, so if you haven’t voted yet, you have plenty of time... but why wait?

Here’s the link: http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,137/topic,2988.20/

Quick shout out to Jason Wright and Phil Looney who've both posted links to the contest in several forums they frequent, and I can’t tell you both just how grateful I am, but I promise, it’s a lot.

---

Just checked the Diamond site to see what I was getting this week and noticed Essential Silver Surfer Vol. 2 was shipping this week.

We can all figure out why Marvel’s putting this one out, I know. But unless my math’s wrong or I’m forgetting something, with the exception of maybe X-Factor and the last volume of X-men, ESSV2 will contain the most recent material of any Essential so far.

I don’t necessarily mind that we’re now reprinting large chunks of late 80s Surfer stuff. In fact, I really enjoy the Engelhart run, particularly #s 10 & 14. I guess it’s just kind of weird to think that book came out nearly 20 years ago, and now it's getting an Essential. I can remember when it first hit the rack at Davis' Drugstore. Wow... I really sounded like an old man just then, didn't I?

---

Works been kind of nuts this week, but I'm going to try and get back to posting some real content in the next couple of days.

Heroescon Charlotte happens in less than 2 weeks, and that's got me pretty excited. I'll be doing whatever guys do at cons at the Flashback Universe booth. I've mentioned that I'll be taking free comics and things, so I'll try to post some of the reworked pages just as soon as I'm done with 'em, hopefully this weekend.

No comments: